Urban Decay Ammo Palette First Impressions

Urban Decay "Ammo" 



Non-polish First Impressions!
(click to enlarge)

I caved during a HauteLook sale. I caved.  I have not used this palette as extensively as Stila "In The Light," and therefore this is mostly a swatches/ initial impressions post. 


10 eye shadow shades. 1 Double sided sponge applicator.




Smog- shimmer, copper brown.
Mildew- shimmer, army green
Oil Stick- silver glitter, black



Maui Wowe- metallic, biege gold
Shattered- blue shimmer, turqoiese
Polyester Bride- shimmer, white






Smog, Mildew, Oil Slick, Maui Wowe, Shattered, Polyester Bride

 




Last Call- metallic, shimmer, plum
Chopper- shimmer, silver glitter, copper


Grifter- shimmer, silver glitter, lavender
Sin- shimmer, light pink champagne







Last Call, Chopper, Grifter, Sin


Color reference: NC 30 Mac, Missha BB Cream 27.

How I use them: I tried to blend Chopper, Sin and Smog in the crease/outer V area using a MAC 217, everything else with a different sponge tip applicator, misc Estee Lauder brush to clean up.
Creasing: N/A at this time.

The bad: HOLY FALLOUT. Unbelievable! When I initially applied, given the reputation Urban Decay has built, I didn't even bother looking for fall out. Until I'm sitting in class, turn to my friend who asks why my eyes were like a disco ball all over. Panic ran in as I pulled out my compact mirror, sure enough glitter everywhere. Worst offenders: Sin, Chopper, Maui Wowe.

I'd like to single out the texture of Oil Slick and Polyester Bride. Very gritty, not as smooth or creamy as the others. Polyester Bride applies a bit chalky too.


The good: Pigmentation was perfect. A little goes a long way, no fuss easily build-able color. I love the intensity of huge offered by Shattered, Last Call, and Smog.


Verdict: At $10 deal this palette is a deal. I hesitate to reach for this palette often because of the fall out, huge huge drawback. If you can't handle fall out, don't make the purchase. Being a newbie to eyeshadows, I'm going to divvy up and play with how I apply this palette. I will update whenever I have a solid "buy/don't buy."



Labels: ,

09 July 2013 @ 7:00 AM / 2 comments


« Older posts Newer posts»



Copyright ©. Layout by TeaCakeHouse.
Please view with Google Chrome in a screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Picture from: Tumblr All rights reserved 2011 - Infinite.