MAC Woodwinked & Mulch

Top Two Eyeshadows of January! 





Why yes, you know you want to hit the read more button.






WOODWINKED



Formula: Wookwinked is a warm antique gold with a velvet pearl finish , it looks a lot more subdued golden on my NC25-30 skintone.
Application: For Woodwinked I use the Estee Lauder "Contour Shadow Brush 30" in patting motion.
Wear time: With Lorac "Behind the Scenes" eye primer a full 8-10 hours! The kudos goes to the Lorac primer, using this with Urban Decay I can get roughly 6 hours before noticing a decrease in pigmentation & creasing. Mulch fades faster than Woodwinked.
Dupe: I haven't tested this out on my own but potential dupes for  Woodwinked come from Inglot or NYX.







________________________________________




MULCH 



Formula:
Mulch is a red-brown with bronze pearl and a velvet finish, and looks light a very warm soft brown on my skin.
Application: Mulch I use a Mac 217 in a dotting & light windshield motion.
Wear time: See previous*
DupeMulch Stila "In the Light" palette has "Sandstone" which has very similar undertones, and an older Wet n Wild eyeshadow palatte has a warm brown shade with an uncanny resemblance.


____________________________________________





indirect light


direct light




Verdict: Woodwinked is unique in that it changes on the individuals skin tone, for some its gold for some its closer to a rusty bronze gold. I like how one can change the look of this eyeshadow, it can be used as an everyday wear or played up as a night out eyeshadow. Mulch is some what "meh" for me, personally I didn't realize Sandstone was similar in color and texture. I'd skip Mulch as there are more affordable _ brown options around. 




For those wondering how Woodwinked and Mulch compare, as seen here Mulch (top) is much darker, has a red cast to it's brown shade. Woodwinked (bottom) in comparison appears to be slightly more silver toned.

Labels: ,

23 January 2014 @ 5:36 PM / 0 comments


« Older posts Newer posts»



Copyright ©. Layout by TeaCakeHouse.
Please view with Google Chrome in a screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Picture from: Tumblr All rights reserved 2011 - Infinite.